Prices for .com.au domains
|Period||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years||5 Years||10 Years|
What is a .com.au domain?
.com.au! the registry for the .com.au TLD (top-level domain, also called a domain extension), the official TLD of Australia, has announced that domain registrations directly on .com.au (and not .com.com.au for example) will be available as of March 24, 2022! A priority registration period will open to owners of domain names at the second level (e.g. .com.com.au, .net.com.au, .org.com.au, .id.com.au, etc.) from March 24 until September 20, 2022.
.com.au is an all-new direct domain name extension for the Australian domain namespace. It will allow any business, organisation or individual with a connection to Australia the ability to register a .com.au domain name.
opening .com.au registrations to any organization registered in Australia as well as owners of an Australian trademark. Contrary to the rules for second-level .au domains, for which the domain name should be linked to the requestor or to products and services they offer, .au will not have this restriction.
However, if your registration eligibility is based on an Australian trademark, your .au domain name must exactly match that trademark (as is the case for .com.au and .net.au).
General availability for .au: starting September 21, 2022 (00:00 UTC), all .au domain names, even those that could previously be registered with priority registration, if they have not been registered during the priority registration period, will be available for anyone to register on a first come, first served basis
The second-level domains .com.au, .net.au, .org.au, and .id.au will remain in operation. The registration rules for these will not change.
Why register a .com.au domain?
- .com.au is the most popular Australian domain ending. Let your customers know instantly that you’re an Australian business.
- Since all .com.au domains are registered and do business in Australia, site visitors trust what you share on your website.
- The .com.au domain ending is the go to place for connecting customers with Australian businesses.
- In accordance with Australian Domain Name Policy, to be eligible to register .com.au and .net.au domain names, registrants must be classified as one of the following:
- An Australian registered company
- Trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory
- An Australian partnership or sole trader
- A foreign company licensed to trade in Australia
- Be an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark
- An applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark
- An association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory
- An Australian commercial statutory body
.com.au Registry Information
- TLD Type: ccTLDs
- Country / Region: Australia
- Registry: .au Domain Administration (auDA)
.com.au Domain Information
|TLD Type||ccTLD, Australia|
|Minimum Length||2 characters|
|Maximum Length||63 characters|
|Minimum Registration Period||2 year(s)|
|Maximum Registration Period||2 year(s)|
|WHOIS Privacy Available||Yes|
|Proof of Document Required||No|
|Trustee Service Available||No|
- .as American Samoa Domains
- .au Australia Domains
- .ck Cook Islands Domains
- .fj Fiji Domains
- .fm Micronesia Domains
- .gu Guam Domains
- .ki Kiribati Domains
- .mh Marshall Islands Domains
- .mp Northern Mariana Islands Domains
- .nc New Caledonia Domains
- .nf Norfolk Island Domains
- .nr Nauru Domains
- .nu Niue Domains
- .nz New Zealand Domains
- .pf French Polynesia Domains
- .pg Papua New Guinea Domains
- .pn Pitcairn Domains
- .pw Palau Domains
- .sb Solomon Islands Domains
- .tk Tokelau Domains
- .to Tonga Domains
- .tv Tuvalu Domains
- .um United States Minor Outlying Islands Domains
- .vu Vanuatu Domains
- .wf Wallis and Futuna Domains
- .ws Samoa Domains