Prices for .info domains
The info TLD was a response to ICANN's highly publicized announcement,in late 2000, of a phased release of seven new generic top-level domains. The event was the first addition of major gTLDs since the Domain Name System was developed in the 1980s. The seven new gTLDs, selected from over 180 proposals, were meant in part to take the pressure off the com domain.
.INFO domains are intuitive, international, and unrestricted. .INFO represents information and has a universal meaning across the world. Understood in multiple languages, you can be sure your website will be globally recognized. .INFO addresses are not limited to businesses or professionals or any other smaller set of Internet sites — it is open to anyone!
Spread the word about your product, service or cause!
There's no better way to get your business or group in front of a global audience than with your own .info domain. Whether you'd like to publish information about your product line, cause or event, .info is a great way to go. These domains can be registered by anyone.
Choose .info if:
- You'd like to share information, research or product specifications.
- The .COM you want has already been registered by someone else, but the .info version of that domain has not.
- Your business has already registered a .COM and would like to protect its brand from cyber-squatters by registering the corresponding .info.
- .info is the ideal way to connect with international customers.
- You'd like to share wedding plans, details on the annual family reunion or how-to tips online.
|2001 years ago
|Generic top-level domain
|A variety of uses, many information, some held by speculators
|Registrations at second level permitted
|ICANN registry agreement
|UDRP, Sunrise Challenge Policy (SCP), Challenges of Last Resort (CLR)
.info Registry Information
- TLD Type: gTLDs
- Registry: Afilias
.info Domain Information
|Minimum Registration Period
|Maximum Registration Period
|WHOIS Privacy Available
|Proof of Document Required
|Trustee Service Available