Prices for .name domains
.name Domain Names
Make a .name for yourself online.
This time, it's personal.
- No, we're not quoting the hero from some cheesy action movie. We're talking about a new, uniquely personal corner of the Internet. A place where you can post a few photos or maybe keep an online journal. A place your friends and family can visit to see what's new and exciting in your life (without having to scroll through a news feed full of politics and pictures of peoples' food).
- .name domains were created to be a personal, but flexible address. Your .name can be as serious or as fun as you want. Use it to explore your family history by connecting with distant relatives on the other side of the world. Or use it to provide a detailed account of your lifelong quest to create the perfect barbecue sauce. Hey, if it's your passion, it should be part of your .name.
The domain for change.
- It may seem odd, but a dot name domain is actually the perfect choice for some of life's biggest changes. It's great for individuals who are looking to start a new career and want a memorable address for their online resume or portfolio. (Tip: Did you know that you can forward a domain so it automatically goes to your LinkedIn profile?)
- It's also perfect for engagement and wedding websites, when two people come together to start a new life under the same name. And in today's world, it's almost required for parents to register the name of their son or daughter. They can use it to post baby pictures now and have the peace of mind of knowing that it will be there when their son or daughter is old enough to use it.
Claim your .name online.
- Of course, the same thing applies to adults. At this moment, there are roughly 7.1 billion people on the planet -- the odds that you're the only person in the world with your name are slim. So the question then becomes... do you really want someone else out there owning your .name domain? Even if you're not interested in putting up a website or building an online presence, it's still good to know that, when people search for you online, you'll own your .name.
- However you choose to use it, a .name domain is something everyone should own. Register yours now.
Terms and conditions
- Assigning: .NAME domains are open to everyone, but the domain must correspond to a personal or pen name for which you have the right (see our contract for more detail)
- Syntax: from 2 to 63 alphanumeric characters or a hyphen (excluding in the first and last place)
- IDN: yes
- Registration period: 1 to 10 years
- Third-level domain: no
- Private registration: yes
- Renewal: domains are deactivated upon expiration. It is possible to renew up to 45 days following the expiration date
- Disputes: UDRP , ERDRP
- Change of Registrar: You must begin the process at your new registrar. Be sure that you have the domain's auth code (which you must get from the former registrar), and that the domain's status is not "TransferProhibited". A confirmation e-mail will be sent (FOA) to the e-mail address of the current owner of the domain. On average the processing time for this procedure can take from 1 to 10 days.
- Change of owner: available on our interface
- Deletion process: Quarantine of 30 days
.name Registry Information
- TLD Type: gTLDs
- Registry: Verisign
.name Domain Information
|Minimum Registration Period
|Maximum Registration Period
|WHOIS Privacy Available
|Proof of Document Required
|Trustee Service Available