- All (976)
- Featured (248)
- Business (33)
- Education (14)
- Technology (49)
- Geographic (66)
- Arts and Entertainment (20)
- Food and Drink (18)
- Identity and Lifestyle (79)
- IDN (51)
- Interest (64)
- Leisure and Recreation (33)
- Adult (3)
- Money and Finance (25)
- Novelty (50)
- Real Estate (22)
- Services (114)
- Shopping (67)
- Sports (20)
What is a .co.hu domain?
.co.hu represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Hungary. It was introduced in 1990 and was intended for entities affiliated with this country. The Council of Hungarian Internet Providers is the authorized body for carrying out its registry.
Why register a .co.hu domain?
- Hungary is located in Central Europe. It is a landlocked territory and famous for its neoclassical architecture and medieval landmarks. World Bank classified Hungary as a high-income country with economic activities largely dependent on the industries of health care, tourism, agriculture and automobile manufacturing.
- There are many reasons why foreign investors are attracted to the Hungarian business environment. First is the country’s commitment to high quality education. Hungarian workforce is one of the most talented and highly skilled in Europe. Second is the country’s commitment to fight corruption in governance and politics. Business-friendly policies are implemented to protect investors from bribery, red tape and other issues that make it hard to run a business. Third is the country’s stable economy. Business owners have peace of mind that their investments are secure even at times of crisis or recession.
- Before you invest in Hungary, consider buying a .HU domain extension for your website. This will benefit your business in ways you didn’t expect.
- .co.hu domain extensions can make your web page appear more professional and reputable. This is essential in order to stand out against competitors and set your website apart from businesses that offer the same goods.
- .co.hu domain extensions can establish your company’s affiliation to Hungary and the local consumers. This is necessary in order to create awareness about your brand name and build a large customer base in this territory.
- .co.hu domain extensions can strengthen your online presence. Because this ccTLD is the most used internet extension in Hungary, it makes sense to adopt this and be identified as a company with local operations in this country.
- .co.hu domain extensions are SEO-compatible and don’t hurt your Google page rank. It can even help optimize your web page for local search engines and help target customers find your website through Google search.
- .co.hudomain extensions provide the simplest way to localize your website. No need to create content and stuff it with keywords about “Hungary” because the country code in your website URL already indicates that your website is dedicated to a specific audience.
- .co.hu domain extensions can boost your sales and maximize your revenues. Because of its numerous benefits such as increased trust rating and professional digital image, customers are encouraged to respond to your offers and make purchases.
In order to register in this extension, the domain owner must meet the following requirements:
- The owner must have a company in the European Union.
- The owner must provide a European ID/Passport, European driver license or some proof of residence in Hungary.
If you do not meet these requirements, we can register the domain in the name of our local representatives and then make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).
.CO.HU or .INFO.HU:
There are no requirements for these extensions.
- The minimum domain registration period is 2 years.
- The domain name must not violate the trademark holders or European companies' rights. The domain should not be registered with the intent of reselling the domain as it is prohibited by the Hungarian authorities.
.co.hu domain names are allocated on a "first come, first served" basis.