What is a .org.lk domain?
.org.lk domain represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of Sri Lanka.
Why register a .org.lk domain?
- Before you begin your business expansion in Sri Lanka, buying a .org.lk domain suffix should be on top of your priorities.
- Owning a website with a .org.lk domain suffix is essential in introducing your brand name in the Sri Lankan online market. It makes your website look professional and users will have an impression that your business has a strong affiliation to the Sri Lankan consumers.
- It is important to note that Sri Lanka does not use English as their primary language. If your website is .COM then it may appear foreign to them and may not find your page relatable. It makes more sense to use their country code extension and upload content in Tamil or Sinhala. In that way, you are encouraging Sri Lankans to engage in your website.
- org.lk domain are useful in marketing campaigns and organic SEO strategies.
- .org.lk domain is open to premium domain registration. Hundreds of profitable keywords are still waiting to be registered under this domain suffix. Don’t settle for a misspelled website name just so you can register using .COM or .BIZ. You have plenty of options under .org.lk domain suffix.
- Maximize your company revenues with .org.lk domain names. Why waste efforts targeting global consumers when you can just focus in one country? By using a country code domain, you are not narrowing your customer base. You are just using your resources on high quality leads.
In order to register a .LK or .COM.LK domain, the domain owner must be a company (from any country) and must provide the registration number of the company.
.org.lk Registry Information
- TLD Type: ccTLDs
- Country / Region: Sri Lanka
- Registry: WebNIC
.org.lk Domain Information
||ccTLD, Sri Lanka
|Minimum Registration Period
|Maximum Registration Period
|WHOIS Privacy Available
||In order to register a .LK or .COM.LK domain, the domain owner must be a company (from any country) and must provide the registration number of the company.
|Proof of Document Required
|Trustee Service Available