What is a .gt domain?
.gt represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) of Guatemala. Individual and company registrations are allowed provided that the domain will not be used for illegal activities. It is intended for entities having connection with Guatemala and it is popularly used in the said country. Registry is carried out by the Universidad del Valle de Guatemala.
Why register a .gt domain?
Guatemala is a feasible destination for investors and foreign companies. If you’re considering of starting a business in this territory, you must know that it is crucial to register a .gt website. Here are some reasons why .gtdomain name is necessary:
- To easily introduce your products to the local market, your website must be localized – not just its content but its URL address as well. Online consumers will sense an instant connection with your online store if it is readable in Spanish (native language of Guatemala) and if the website address is affiliated to their country. This is the easiest way to encourage online shoppers to trust your business.
- A dedicated ccTLD for your website is a proof and demonstration of your commitment and focus on the Guatemalan digital market.
- Boost local SEO page rank since Google and other search engines will identify your website as a local Guatemalan business. This means that more organic traffic will be sent to your page instead of visitors coming from places that have no interest in your business.
- .gt is a famous “name” for high-end or high-performance cars. If your business is related to car or vehicle industry, using .gt domain suffix will be a smart choice since it instantly associates your business to sophisticated cars.
- .gt is an exotic domain extension that is being used by only a few website owners. When it comes to choosing the best domain name for your company, your choices are almost endless.
- The Economy of GuatemalaIn, Guatemala, sugarcane, corn, bananas, coffee, beans, cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens are grown.
- In addition, sugar, textiles, apparel, furniture, chemicals, petroleum, metals, rubber, tourism are important.
.gt Registry Information
- TLD Type: ccTLDs
- Country / Region: Guatemala
- Registry: Universidad del Valle de Guatemala
.gt Domain Information
|TLD Type||ccTLD, Guatemala|
|Minimum Length||2 characters|
|Maximum Length||63 characters|
|Minimum Registration Period||1 year(s)|
|Maximum Registration Period||10 year(s)|
|WHOIS Privacy Available||Yes|
|Registration Restrictions||May 29, 2012, .gt domains from Guatemala will be freely available to all interested parties worldwide and can be registered without restrictions.|
|Proof of Document Required||No|
|Trustee Service Available||No|
- .ag Antigua and Barbuda Domains
- .ai Anguilla Domains
- .aw Aruba Domains
- .bb Barbados Domains
- .bm Bermuda Domains
- .bq Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba Domains
- .bs Bahamas Domains
- .bz Belize Domains
- .ca Canada Domains
- .cr Costa Rica Domains
- .cu Cuba Domains
- .cw Curacao Domains
- .dm Dominica Domains
- .do Dominican Republic Domains
- .gd Grenada Domains
- .gl Greenland Domains
- .gp Guadeloupe Domains
- .gt Guatemala Domains
- .hn Honduras Domains
- .ht Haiti Domains
- .jm Jamaica Domains
- .kn Saint Kitts and Nevis Domains
- .ky Cayman Islands Domains
- .lc Saint Lucia Domains
- .mq Martinique Domains
- .ms Montserrat Domains
- .mx Mexico Domains
- .ni Nicaragua Domains
- .pa Panama Domains
- .pm Saint Pierre and Miquelon Domains
- .pr Puerto Rico Domains
- .sv El Salvador Domains
- .sx Sint Maarten (Dutch part) Domains
- .tc Turks and Caicos Islands Domains
- .tt Trinidad and Tobago Domains
- .us United States Domains
- .vc Saint Vincent and The Grenadines Domains
- .vg Virgin Islands, British Domains
- .vi Virgin Islands Domains